Hi. Tomas here. Just like you, I care about the use of my personal information online, so it is only fair I provide you with insight into the privacy practices employed here at TheHeadfunk.com. Please read the entire policy to make sure you understand these practices fully.
A. Who we are
Our website address is: https://theheadfunk.com, you can get in touch via the contact form.
B. What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. We process personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: Your name and email address.
- Transaction: You name, email address, billing information and payment source.
- Comments: Your name and email address.
- Contact Form: Your name and email address.
- Registered users: The personal information a registered user chooses to provide in their user profile.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
C. What Is The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect the information above for the following purposes.
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: To provide you with information on resources around emotional health and the topic in general.
- Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us.
- Comments: To allow your comment onto the website.
- Contact Form: For customer services to be able to respond appropriately.
- Registered users: To allow a user to create a profile on the website.
D. What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
Our legal basis for each of the ways we process your data is as follows.
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: We will ask for your consent first.
- Transaction: We will collect your information as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Comments: We will ask for your consent first.
- Contact Form: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
- Registered users: We will ask for your consent first.
E. Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access your data as described above through the help of third parties that have the digital infrastructure that we do not and without whom we would be unable to provide our products and services including:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
- Spam protection service.
These third parties have made contractual promises to not use your personal data in any manner we do not authorize.
F. Cookies and Similar Technologies
This site utilises Google Analytics, for information about Google Analytics, you can read more here.
G. How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the reason it was gathered in the first place.
- Opt-In To Email Newsletter: 36 months, if you do not open emails for a period of 3 months you will be asked if you wish to remain subscribed..
- Transaction: Four years for tax audit purposes.
- Comments: The comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- Contact Form: 12 months solely for customer service purposes.
- Registered users: As long as a user is registered, unless their account is inactive for 12 months.
H. Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Other Actions
We want you to have control over your data. You have the right to see all the data we have for you, ask for the corrections to the data, ask us to erase the data – this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes – object to how we use your data, ask that the data be exported, and ask that we stop automatically processing the data in particular manners. Although we have certain rights to limit your control of data, we believe it is YOUR data so we will liberally comply with your requests whenever possible. We are not a data mining company trying to monetize your personal information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
I. Your Right To Withdraw Consent
We want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. You can contact us here.
J. Where we send your data
This website is hosted on Namecheap servers in the USA. The hosting provider goes the extra mile to protect the security and privacy of all with comprehensive domain and account security. You can read more of their policies here.
ConvertKit is used as the email provider, and is Privacy Shield Certified. This simply means that ConvertKit complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data transferred from the European Union (“EU”), European Economic Area (“EEA”), and Switzerland to the United States. You can learn more about the Privacy Shield Certification here.
K. Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints
You can contact us with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data by contacting us here. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
Representative: Tomas Gwynbleidd
Nelson, South Wales, CF466JB, United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Or, you can contact us by sending a message via our Contact Page.
M. Legal Disclosures of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
N. DMCA Disclosures
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us as a matter of law.
O. Security Measures
We have security measures in place such as Secure Sockets Layer protocols to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we or our vendors obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration. If we suffer a data breach, we will provide you with the appropriate breach notification given jurisdiction and legal requirements.
P. Third Party Websites
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
Q. Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.